We're currently hiring for the following positions:
Steamworks Brewery Events Coordinator
Steamworks Brewery in Burnaby is looking for the right individual to facilitate our external and internal events. Our ideal candidate will have previous experience working in events, be very customer focused, and interested in marketing.
Steamworks Brewery is fast-paced and staffed by a family like group of employees. This is a hands-on position with opportunities for the successful candidate to learn and grow their skill set. This position will be a 6-month contract position with the opportunity to expand based on demand for the role.
- Work with the Marketing team and Sales Reps to coordinate and participate in the execution of scheduled events (event lead on smaller events and an extra set of hands on larger ones). Events include beer festivals, tastings, special events, etc.
- Keep inventory and maintain functionality of event materials such as: jockey boxes, CO2 tanks, keg buckets, table clothes, stand up banners, tents, etc.
- Support taproom for special events, brewery tours and occasional shifts
- Work periodically with Marketing and Sales teams on other brand building initiatives
- Be a Steamworks product expert, acting as a brand rep/street team member at major events and performing ad-hoc sales/marketing tastings at accounts
- Provide customer feedback to marketing manager about reception of new products, brand outreach etc.
- Support sales and marketing teams on special projects
- Professionalism in all interactions with guests, staff and co-workers
- Excellent communication skills (written & verbal)
- Ability to multitask and manage time effectively
- Comfortable in a fast paced environment
- Outgoing and enthusiastic personality
- Must be able to work well in a team environment
- Driven, self-motivated, and task-oriented with strong attention-to-detail
- Ability to life 40lbs regularly
- Extremely organized
- Knowledge and passion for craft beer an asset
- Photography, Videography, and Social Media Management experience an asset
- Several years’ experience in the food and beverage sector
- Degree in business, marketing, event coordination, or hospitality is an asset
- Flexible schedule and willing to work weekends and evenings
- Serving it Right Certificate
- Valid BC Drivers licence is required, vehicle access an asset
- Part Time: 30 hours/week - possibility of increasing depending on event levels.
- Compensation: Based on experience – competitive with local industry standards
- E-mail Dani@steamworks.com with your resume